A Few Pro-Tips
- You’ll be in the cave which is kept at a cool 60 degrees, so dress accordingly. If you forget something warm we’ve got cashmere throws.
- Be ascentual… As winemakers, we go to great lengths to develop precise and nuanced flavors and aromas. Wearing any scents - from patchouli to Prada - is a big fat faux pas in the world of wine. And not just at Caldwell, but any winery or tasting room you visit the world over.
- The distances between wineries can be long, and you’ll be surprised at how much you’ll drink during a day of tasting. In the name of calculated risk-taking, we’re be happy to offer recommendations for drivers or tour companies.
- If you’re buying wine and need a place to ship or store your goods, reach out to Cartons & Crates or Buffalo Shipping in Napa, or 55 Degrees in St. Helena.
Caldwell Vineyard Stats
From Napa CA:
Caldwell Vineyard: 270 Kreuzer Lane, Napa, California
PLEASE be mindful of your speed and keep it low & slow when driving the picturesque path to the cave. Gate is open Monday through Saturday from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM. The gate is closed on Sunday, so if you have an appointment on Sunday, please make sure to call us for the gate code.
- Take Hwy 29 to the Imola Avenue exit. Head East (heading North, you’ll make a right off the exit and heading South you’ll make a left.)
- Continue east on Imola Avenue for 2.9 miles. Imola turns into 4th Avenue. Drive 0.8 of a mile until the road splits on the sharp left turn ─ you’ll stay straight (bearing right off the main road) onto Kreuzer Lane.
- Follow Kreuzer Lane through the gate and again ─ please drive slowly. Continue on the paved road for about 0.5 of a mile following signs for Caldwell. Make a hard right and follow the road down to the lower parking lot, past the cave.ll be on the right.
Napa Valley is located near several commercial airports:
- 70 miles from San Francisco Intl. Airport (SFO)
- 63 miles from Oakland Intl. Airport (OAK)
- 75 miles from Sacramento Intl. Airport (SMF)
- 94 miles from San Jose Intl. Airport (SJC)
- 34 miles from Sonoma County Airport (STS)
Private airports are also available:
- 10 miles from Napa County Airport (APC)
- 40 miles from Buchanan Field Airport (CCR)